Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Solo trip - Day Two in Rovinj, Croatia



My german is deteriorating like mad.

Due to my lazy nature I'm going to make my day 2 post short.

Reached Rovinj early in the morning at 6am after taking an overnight bus. I overheard some Hongkongers speaking in cantonese on the bus and missed home. The airbnb host was very kind and fetched me from the bus stop to his house. I was greeted with a pleasant surprise when i first saw the room as it was quite big with a king size bed for me to roll everywhere and there was even a small kitchen en-suite even though i didn't use it at all.
However, soon i started to dislike it as there was no hot shower and i almost froze to death. Kinda exaggerating here but yea. Also the wifi was kinda weak and I couldn't do any research on places to go so I gave up and went to sleep until 11am before heading to the city centre.
I think there wasn't anything that happened that is worth mentioning as I was just chilling and walking around everywhere with my offline map and walking around in circles and getting lost. I was walking around the city so many times that the waiter/salesman recognised me and said, "You're still walking around? Seen you this morning alone. Where are your friends?" And he gave me the i-am-impressed look when I told him I was travelling alone, just like everyone else did. There was this "con-artist" literally who stopped me to cut out a figure of my silhouette and then asked me to pay for it. I paid him 20 kr, which was about 3euros. To be honest the silhouette was quite ugly sigh. But oh well he entertained me for 3 min while cutting out the silhouette. "Come with your boyfriend next time," he said, handing me two pieces of the paper cut out and saying that one is for my future bf lol.
Something that was worth mentioning was that I got a postcard for free as I didnt have small change to pay for it and the owner didnt have change for my big note and he just said it's a gift for me. Yippee! Hahah. He was so kind. :)))

Chilled at this restaurant for more than an hour using their free wifi. Food wasn't that fantastic but the staff were so funny they kept speaking to me in Japanese and saying bye to me many times when I left.


I love this quaint street of stalls selling souvenirs. :)




I was taking this photo when an Indian guy manning the stall beside it talked to me. He became my direction guide twice after I walked past the same place thrice. #foreveraskingfordirections.

If only someone could help me take an ootd shot here. :( Where are you, Jiarong?

Artificial beach in Rovinj. I love how all these beach chairs are free for everyone. 




I sat behind these people for an hour or so. Wished I had a book with me or something.


This turned out to be my one and only photo of me in Rovinj. So sad. Photo taken by a couple from Luxembourg.

My dinner which I couldn't finish. Heard people speaking in German in the restaurant and felt at home. Germany has really become my second home. :')

Went back to airbnb after dinner and almost couldn't find my way back as it was a terrace house and all the houses looked the same to me. Thank god i bookmarked the place on my offline map and managed to get back safe and sound. :) And with that I survived day 2 of my solo trip although there were three moths in the room who kept attacking me such that I went to sleep early lol. Oh yea the Wifi was really good after that and there was hot shower the next morning.


No comments:

Post a Comment