Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Many people have asked me about my interesting experiences in Europe, and I think I have repeated the same stories over and over again. So I shall sum them up here.

1. Almost got pickpocketed thrice

The first one happened while I was entering the Cologne Cathedral. I felt someone's hand on the zip of my sling bag and I thought it was an accident. She removed her hand for a second before putting it back to my bag and I felt her hand the second time. Ever since then I ensured that my bag is always in front of me.

The second one happened in Paris. I was about to board the subway with my friends when I felt someone tugging my backpack. I turned back and saw a girl's scarf entangled with the front zip. I thought it was an accident until I got separated with my friends as I missed the train which they boarded. Just when I was about to take my phone out I realised the front zip was wide open. I checked to see if my valuables were still there and thankfully they were intact as they were in the main zip instead of the front one. But because of that I had to buy an extra train ticket. :/ However I think I'm really lucky that i didnt lose anything. Throughout the Paris trip I padlocked my backpack lol.

The third one happened in Italy and it was the most epic. Jiarong boarded the train before me and we were separated by a few passengers who boarded in between us. I was boarding the train (yes, again) in Cinque Terre from the last village back to the main station when I felt someone pulling my sling bag from my front to the back super obviously. I turned and to my horror a girl opened my bag and was pulling my wallet out of my bag. After realising that I saw everything, she put my wallet behind her back and passed it to her accomplice. When I saw that all I was thinking of was that I couldn't afford to lose the wallet so I shouted, " Give it back to me!" and pulled her arms. To be honest I can't remember what I did but yeah. After that she hid behind her accomplice who had a big tummy. So I pulled the accomplice and shouted, "Give it back to me!" And the bitch actually shouted, "I'm pregnant, I'm pregnant!" and pointed at her tummy in an attempt to victimise herself and make me the villain. I was so angry that I shouted "Fuck you! Give it back to me!" at her. Sensing that the onlookers didn't know what was happening and I was at a loss as to what to do, I shouted for help, " Help me! Pickpockets! Help!" But the tall guy who I shouted for help just stood there and watched. Felt like punching him, still feel like now. Thank god my yell managed to get Jiarong back to help me. He was asking me what did I lose but I was too caught up with fighting with the bitches that I was oblivious to his question, until I finally said, "wallet!". Just then he flashed out my wallet in my face and said, " there!" It turned out that the pickpocketer dropped the wallet on the floor and kept pointing at the wallet to tell me that it was on the floor lol. I think I was so fierce that they gave up and returned it to me hahah. After ensuring that i didn't lose anything, I finally let go and went back to the cabin. Jiarong then told me that there was blood on my face as my fingernail bled from the pulling. An old man sitting opposite me offered me tissues and people around offered me comfort. Jiarong said another guy went down the train to chase after the two girls who fled. Phew. It was an intensive fight that took me quite some time to calm my nerves.


2. Lost my purse in Barcelona but still went clubbing after that LOL.

I just had a super awesome day in Barcelona with the best food and everything and just when I thought, can the day get any better?, I lost my purse with 100 euros in it with my Singapore debit and Deutsche bank atm card in it. Tried calling the restaurant to see if I dropped it there but they just denied flatly. I could only cancel my debit card but not deutsche bank card as the germans don't work on a Saturday night. I was thinking if I should just emo and stay in the hostel for the night or go to the 5-storey club with the rest. I chose the latter.




2. Shave encounter with creepy ah tiong and gave up the chance to be a rich tai tai.

It happened on the second night of Ibiza on my solo trip. Met this ah tiong at a cafe while I was waiting to see the most beautiful sunset. Sigh missed the view because of him cos I went for a social networking event with him for the super duper rich people at this super atas club in Ibiza.
Before that we had dinner with his 3 other rich friends. One of them is a spanish man who owns many restaurants in Ibiza, another is an attractive spanish woman who is the CEO of an oil company and the third is his brother. Apparently his family owns some export business in China. All was well until I asked him to send me back to the hostel from the club. I took his car and he kept insisting that I watch the stars with him until sunrise. I repeatedly told him that I wanted to go home and he suddenly confessed and attempted to hug and kiss me, asking me to be his gf. I was so freaked out i totally curled up in a ball and said "no, please please please!" I told him that I was totally not interested but he refused to give up. It was the scariest moment of my life as it was dark and there was no one around. After several times of standing on my ground firmly that I really wanted to get home, he finally drove me back. Before I alighted he still asked me to give him a goodbye kiss. Like omg i totally wanted to faint. I got out of the car immediately and fled to the hostel and room.

3. Met the most awesome Argentinian family by chance who hosted me on the second last night in Europe
Kinda lazy to repeat this story but ohwells. So I lugged my luggage all the way from Ibiza Town to the beach and finally got there after walking for 45min to an hour.
 I was carrying my luggage across the beach to chill at the beach chair when a Spanish guy offered me help and asked me where I was heading to.
I told him that I was going to chill at the beach for awhile before heading to ibiza town to take bus to the airport. After a while he came back and asked me if I wanted to take his friend's taxi at certain rates to get to the town or airport. I told him i will consider before getting back to him. After some time I decided to walk instead to save money so I went to inform him and he was talking to a family who just got back from yatching. I was about to leave when I heard him shouted, "Ibiza town! Ibiza Town!" I turned back and he signaled me to go towards him. He then told me that the family could fetch me to the airport as it was on the way. He assured me that they were nice people and I took up the offer at once.
That's him and his taxi friend repairing boats at the beach.

It was really epic as the family's pickup truck stalled because they forgot to turn off the headlights lol. So they had to push the pickup to get the engine started. I was busy taking photos of them while they were hard at work hahah. I even took a video. Typical tourist me found the incident comical.


On the way to the airport i told them that i was going to hobo until 5am the next morning for my flight. They were shocked as there were still 11hours before 5am. I asked if there was any dinner place at the airport and they invited me for dinner at their house. I said yes immediately hahah. (shameless) All I can say is, that was the best decision I've ever made. I found out that they are actually argentinians who migrated to spain. Manu showed me around their house which had a frontyard to laze around at and a backyard parked with yachts which people paid to park them at their backyards.
Frontyard:






 There was also an empty reservoir which they used to store water in the past. 


The interior was so homely. It was my first time actually visiting a local's house other than the German student's rented apartments. So I had some family bonding time with them as they chit chatted at the yard over a beer while waiting for dinner to be prepared. Soon it was dinner time and the food was amazing. Manu's sister cooked seafood spaghetti and it was so fresh and rich with taste of the sea. The family had so much bonding time over dinner as I watched them "bicker" with each other. Manu's sister was so comical when she was telling a story about her colleague. Anyway all these are based on my impressions as I couldn't understand a single spanish word other than Hola!


                            Manu! <3


Manu's sister asked me if I wanted to take a shower and to make myself feel at home and do whatever I want. So i did and after showering it was bedtime. Manu brought me to the yacht that belongs to them to sleep. Did I mention that the night was beautiful? It was filled with stars that I couldnt take my eyes off them. Manu asked if i wanted to stargaze on the yacht or sleep. I chose sleep as I had a lot to handle the next day. I climbed the ladder up to the yacht and I felt like one of those tumblr photos punks who climbed over the fence at night to party lol. So I slept for a few hours before Manu drove me to the airport at 5am to take a flight back to Germany. It was really the coolest experience of my SEP and my solo trip. I felt like it was the best farewell gift I could ever get before leaving Europe.


4. Met 2 really nice and friendly Singaporeans in the hostel on the last day before I flew back to Sg. Really very thankful. :))

Just when I thought it couldn't get any better, I met two Singaporeans at the hostel in Germany before i flew back to Singapore. After settling all the miscellaneous admin stuff once I got back to Germany, I got to know a Singaporean girl, Neny who slept below me on the double decker bed in an 8 pax dorm. So we agreed to have the hostel breakfast together the next morning. While chitchatting over breakfast, another Singaporean guy from SMU, Huangzhi overheard us mentioning Singapore and joined us and we had a really nice and long chat together.

It was really coincidental as it turned out that he was taking the same flight as me back. I counted my lucky stars as I wouldn't have been able to lug my luggages from the hostel to the train and airport if not for them. So basically Huangzhi was my flight and transfers buddy hahah. I felt like we had known each other for a very long time as we could talk freely to each other like bros and he commented on how big my appetite was as I accepted his second offer of his lunch lol. Never say no to food is my motto in life. Hahah. Yup so i was "escorted" back to Sg safe and sound. :)

All I can say is I'm a ti gong gia who is so lucky to have met all these kind souls and escaped being pickpocketed thrice. I guess it's the result of experiencing a shitty 10 days with zh lol. Ti gong had pity on me hehe. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment